- Aka ‘Yoruba mixed Okra Soup’ with yellow eba. In spite of the slim, Okro is very versatile ingredient and this is just one of the many ways we eat it in Nigeria.
- • Brought beef stock to a boil, then reduced the heat and added chopped okro, crayfish, maggi, chili powder and deboned and softened dry fish.
- • The other meats are not necessary, but like I said before Nigerians love meat. If you choose to add other meats, do so when you add the okro. I added Periwinkles, beef and kpomo, but it’s also acceptable to add snail, gizzard, shrimp, chicken.
- (Note that shrimp and periwinkle can be added raw but other meats that take longer to prepare must be pre spiced and cooked)
- • Taste and adjust with salt, add palm oil and simmer for about 10 more minutes.